The Irvine Chamber of Commerce partners with the City of Irvine to expand and retain business in Irvine. In 2002, the Irvine City Council, the Irvine Chamber of Commerce and the local hotels authorized the creation of a "hotel improvement district" covering the City of Irvine. The authorizing legislation provided that a portion of the funding derived from self-imposed surcharge on hotel stays be directed to the Irvine Chamber of Commerce to "attract and recruit businesses and tourism to Irvine." The funding from this program is segregated from Irvine Chamber accounts and are aimed at all businesses in Irvine, not just Chamber members.
The Chamber has four overall economic development goals:
• Retaining existing businesses and helping them expand
• Incubating new businesses
• Attracting new businesses
• Supporting international business
This website provides overall information about Irvine as a business location to provide factual data to companies considering moving to Irvine as well as to existing businesses that need data as part of their business development needs.
In addition to the Website, Irvine Chamber Economic Development offers the following programs that support the above goals:
• Business Survey - an annual survey to all businesses on the business climate and outlook.
• Business Outreach Rally - on-site visits to approximately medium and large sized employers each year.
• Irvine Builds Businesses! - a weekly webinar series on topics and businesses.
• Irvine Global Markets - a series of webinars with industry professionals and export promotion agencies advising local exporters in the challenges of doing business in key global markets
For more information about Economic Development in Irvine California:
Senior Director Tourism & Economic Development