Designer Nick Verreos Joins Fashionable Line-up at Fifth Annual Style Week Orange County
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Jane Gillespie (949) 733-2198
DESIGNER NICK VERREOS JOINS FASHIONABLE LINE-UP AT
FIFTH ANNUAL STYLE WEEK ORANGE COUNTY®
Designer to Emcee Event at Irvine Spectrum Center® While
Good Day LA Personality Jillian Barberie Reynolds & Designer David Meister
Appear at Fashion Island®
Irvine, California, August 10, 2012 - Project Runway alumni, red carpet staple and celebrity designer Nick Verreos of NIKOLAKI Design has been added to the line-up of Style Week Orange County® when it returns Sept. 5 - 8 at Irvine Spectrum Center® in Irvine and Fashion Island® in Newport Beach. Verreos will host the Spectrum Collection & Cadillac: Contemporary Design at Irvine Spectrum Center on Saturday, Sept. 8.
One of the highlights of the fashion festivities will be Fashion's Night Out on Thursday, Sept. 6 at Fashion Island with Jillian Barberie Reynolds, co-host of Good Day LA on FOX Channel 11, and top American designer David Meister. The Fashion's Night Out (FNO) celebration will include a style presentation by Barberie Reynolds and a runway show by Meister.
Style Week Orange County will include runway fashion shows with looks from Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdale's at Fashion Island, among others. Fashionistas will enjoy numerous in-store events throughout the week, as well as shopping incentives at both Fashion Island and Irvine Spectrum Center.
For the first time, Style Week Orange County will be kicked off with Saturday Style on August 4, a six-week series of style events that will spotlight different stores every Saturday. A fashion street team will encourage shoppers throughout each center to visit the select stores hosting Saturday Style activities, where guests will enjoy a DJ, refreshments, a photo booth, special offers and more.
Style Week Orange County events announced to date include:
* Wednesday, Sept. 5: Restaurant Rave at Irvine Spectrum Center - Celebrity chef and radio host Jamie Gwen will again host Restaurant Rave, showcasing the latest dining trends from top restaurants Paul Martin's American Grill, Capital Seafood and others at Irvine Spectrum Center. Held in Giant Wheel Court at 7 p.m. guests will enjoy food sampling, cooking demonstrations and live entertainment.
* Thursday, Sept. 6: Fashion's Night Out at Fashion Island - Jillian Barberie Reynolds, co-host of Good Day LA on FOX Channel 11, and top American designer David Meister will host the festivities at 5 pm in the Neiman Marcus - Bloomingdale's Courtyard. A fall trend fashion presentation commentated by Style File host Barberie Reynolds will be followed by a dazzling runway show presented by renowned LA-based designer David Meister, featuring his fall collection of sophisticated modern day dresses, cocktail dresses and gowns. From 6 to 8 pm, visitors can stop by three FNO vignettes throughout Fashion Island to see Jillian's Top Picks and receive trend and style advice. Dozens of Fashion Island stores will host in-store fashion and beauty events, giveaways, sweet treats, DJs and more from 5 to 9 pm.
* Friday, Sept. 7: Surf-Sport Runway Show at Irvine Spectrum Center - An evening saluting Orange County's popular surf and action sports brands, with a runway show in Giant Wheel Court at 7 pm and numerous in-store events and promotions.
* Friday, Sept. 7: Retrospective Fashion Show and Riviera Magazine Anniversary Party at Fashion Island - Fashion Island will celebrate 45 years of fashion prominence in Southern California with a runway show highlighting looks from exclusive stores including C. Wonder, Joie, Ella Moss and more in the Neiman Marcus-Bloomingdale's Courtyard at 7 pm. While seating is complimentary on a first-come first-served basis, RSVPs are required and will also admit guests into Riviera's 11th Anniversary party. Guests must be 21 years of age and RSVPs will be accepted mid-August. For more information, please visit www.StyleWeekOC.com.
* Saturday, Sept. 8: Fashion Finale & FIDM Museum Council Fundraiser at Fashion Island - A runway show featuring cocktail and special occasion apparel from top stores including Neiman Marcus, Rebecca Taylor, Vince and more will begin at 7 pm. This event will benefit FIDM Museum Fashion Council at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising and their planned acquisition of the Helen Larson Historic Fashion Collection. The evening will also include Cadillac Couture, with designers competing for the most innovative eveningwear look that incorporates Cadillac car parts. Tickets for this event are $50 and guests must be 21 years of age. For tickets and more information, please visit www.FIDMmuseumshop.org.
* Saturday, Sept. 8: Spectrum Collection & Cadillac: Contemporary Design at Irvine Spectrum Center - Spectrum Collection is a 7 pm runway show spotlighting a variety of retailers at Irvine Spectrum Center, complete with a traditional bridal look for the finale from Demetrios Bride. Spectrum Collection will be preceded by Cadillac: Contemporary Design, with designers competing with original looks using denim and Cadillac car parts.
In addition to the array of in-store events and promotions, shoppers who spend $250 from Sept. 5 - 8 at Irvine Spectrum Center, can present their specialty store receipts at Guest Services to receive a $50 Irvine Spectrum Center gift card, while supplies last. Shoppers who spend $500 at Fashion Island from Sept. 6 - 8 can present their specialty store receipts at Guest Services to receive a $100 gift card, while supplies last.
"We are excited about the return of Style Week Orange County and showcasing the season's best fashions available at these two unique destinations," said Warren Chaumont, Marketing Director for Fashion Island and Irvine Spectrum Center. "Involvement by style celebrities such as Jillian Barberie Reynolds and designer David Meister solidify Orange County's trend-setting status."
The fifth annual Style Week Orange County continues the tradition that Irvine Spectrum Center created, showcasing emerging designers, notable style makers and fashion brands from Orange County. Past events have featured appearances by acclaimed designer Rachel Roy; Project Runway alumni, co-owner of Nikolaki Designs and red carpet staple Nick Verreos; celebrity and author Mario Lopez; celebrity designer Lauren Conrad; Olympic medalist Gretchen Blieler; and red carpet gown designer and celebrity favorite Oday Shakar.
For more information on Style Week Orange County and a complete list of events, please visit www.StyleWeekOC.com, or follow http://twitter.com/FashionIsland and http://twitter.com/IrvineSpectrum.
Irvine Spectrum Center draws more than 15 million visitors annually to Edwards Irvine Spectrum 21, Nordstrom, Macy's, Target, H&M and more than 130 other specialty stores, restaurants and entertainment venues. For more information, please visit www.ShopIrvineSpectrumCenter.com.
As Orange County's premier coastal shopping and dining experience, Fashion Island features specialty boutiques, world-class department stores and a wide assortment of restaurants and cafes. Owned by Irvine Company, Fashion Island is home to Orange County's only Neiman Marcus, as well as Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, Bloomingdale's Home Store and Macy's. For more information, please visit www.ShopFashionIsland.com.