2012 Flights & Sounds Summer Festival
- August 17, 2012 - August 18, 2012
- Location: Orange County Great Park
- Address: Sand Canyon & Marine Drive, Irvine, CA 92650
- Times: Live music begins at 8:15 p.m. Dance instruction will be provided on select nights beginning at 7:45 p.m.
- Admission: Admission is free, and parking is $10.
- Phone: 866-829-3829
- Venue: Orange County Great Park
- Visit Website
Brits and Celts Weekend - The New British and Irish Invasion -
• The Dunwells: Friday, August 17, Palm Court Arts Complex - These folk-rockers from Leeds have been called "the next U2"
• Solas: Saturday, August 18, Runway Stage - The quintessential Irish-American band, starring Seamus Egan in traditional and contemporary Celtic music
The Hangar Café opens at 6:15 p.m. before all shows and will feature a fresh selection of delicious food and beverages.
Beyond the varied and rich musical line up, the Great Park Flights & Sounds Summer Festival provides a unique setting that adds to the visitor experience. The musical performances take place in three specially-designed iconic venues at the Great Park.
• New this year, the Palm Court Arts Complex venue will feature a place to mix and mingle under 54 illuminated Canary Island Palm Trees delivering an outdoor club-like setting unequaled in Orange County.
• The Runway Stage venue will showcase the Festival headliners and offers concert seating and spacious lawns for those bringing their blankets and chairs.
• The Dance Concourse venue features the iconic black and white checkerboard dance floor and includes dance instruction from Atomic Ballroom at 7:45 p.m. under the glow of the Great Park Balloon.