1. Get a bird's-eye view of the area aboard the Great Park Balloon, at the Orange County Great Park.
2. Ride the Irvine Spectrum Center's iconic 108-foot tall Giant Wheel, a Ferris wheel custom-designed and hand crafted in Italy.
3. Laugh at some of the best national, headlining comedians in the world at the Improv Comedy Club.
4. Swim a lap or two at the William Woollett Jr. Aquatics Center where Olympic Gold Medalist, Michael Phelps competed in the 2010 ConocoPhillips National Swimming Championships.
5. Get an introduction to the unique flora of coastal California along with plants of southern Africa at the Arboretum, a 12.5-acre botanic garden and research facility located on the UCI campus.
6. Enjoy homemade root beer and beer at Steelhead Brewing Company.
7. Please your palate with a variety of cuisines and international flavors at Diamond Jamboree.
8. Dance under the stars during the Orange County Great Park's "Flights & Sounds Summer Festival."
9. Sample Orange County brewer's microbrews at the annual OC Brew Ha Ha.
10. Visit the Irvine Museum, the only museum in the state dedicated to the preservation and display of California Impressionism.
11. Cheer on the University of California, Irvine Anteaters as they compete in nine different Division I intercollegiate sports.
12. Pick watermelon, strawberries and pumpkins at Tanaka Farms, an organic family-run farm.
13. Let the kids play grown-up at Pretend City Children's Museum.
14. Celebrate 50 different cultures at the Irvine Global Village Festival, Orange County's largest multicultural festival.
15. Pay your respect at the Northwood Gratitude and Honor Memorial, the nation's only memorial dedicated to honoring all of the fallen American service members in the wars of Afghanistan and Iraq.
16. Get your fashion fix during Style Week OC at the Irvine Spectrum Center.
17. Pay tribute to nature and the change of seasons at the Mehregan Persian Festival of Autumn, a festival of love, knowledge and commitment.
18. Tour First American Financial Corporation's historical archive featuring a collection of more than 12,500 historical images, dating back to the late 1800s.
19. Check out an impressive $30 million collection of historical, exotic and classical cars at the Marconi Automotive Museum.
20. Attempt a triple Salchow on the Irvine Spectrum Center's ice skating rink.
21. Wear your kilt to The Irish Fair & Music Festival, the largest festival of its kind in Western America.
22. Experience a sensory overload at one of Irvine's farmers market, featuring fresh fruits and vegetables from local farmers, as well as arts and crafts fair.
23. Wine taste at the OC Wine Mart & Wine Tasting Bar, Orange County's first enomatic tasting bar."
24. Dance, eat, Opa at Saint Paul's Annual Greek Food Festival.
25. Celebrate the always vibrant and romantic art of Flamenco during the New World Flamenco Festival at the Irvine Barclay Theatre.
26. Enjoy a spectacular evening of great music - ranging from big band swing and jazz to the classics during the Pacific Symphony Summer Festival concert at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater.
27. Explore the area's history and learn how the city began with a visit to the Irvine Historical Museum and the Irvine Ranch Historic Park.
28. Spend a day at Irvine Regional Park - picnicking, paddleboats, miniature train, biking and hiking trails, and trotting and walking ponies for the kids.
29. Survey the area's vast open space on horseback.
30. Hike the distinctive Quail Hill preserve with your furry, four-legged friend.
31. Trek the outstanding trails of Bommer Canyon past ancient oak and sycamore groves and rough rock outcrops
32. Discover hundreds of species of plants and animals at the San Joaquin Marsh and Wildlife Sanctuary. Learn about the Marsh, water conservation and environmental protection at the interpretive center.
33. Play at Mason Regional Park, one of Orange County's most popular regional parks with 345 acres; recreational activities include walking trails and a Frisbee course.
34. Bike Irvine - 44.5 miles of off-road bicycle trails and 282 miles of on-road bicycle lanes.
35. Take in a performance showcasing local talent at Musical Theatre Village.
36. Shop at one of Irvine's retail and lifestyle centers.
37. Interact with art at the Beall Center for Art + Technology, where new forms of creation and expression are promoted using digital technologies.
38. Dine around the world via Irvine's wide selection of eateries from India, Persia, Thailand, Vietnam and other distant shores.
39. View artwork and meet artists at the Irvine Fine Arts Center.
40. Golf at one of Irvine's picturesque courses.
41. Catch a match of the World TeamTennis Orange County Breakers.