Position: Director of Sales
Summary of Position:
As a member of the Destination Irvine/Irvine Chamber team, the primary function of the Director of Sales is to promote Irvine to domestic and international markets as a preferred overnight destination. This will be accomplished through a strategic program of sales initiatives that will reach meeting planners and travel buyers in order to generate room nights and economic impact for Irvine hotels and tourism members. This position works in conjunction with the Director of Tourism Marketing, supported by a Sales & Marketing Coordinator and reporting to the Irvine Chamber President & CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to the following):
• Develops, implements and deploys annual sales plan to target group business from all market segments including: Association, Corporate, Third-Party, SMERF and other markets.
• Represents and manages key relationships to community organizations, members, volunteers and City representatives for Destination Irvine.
• Works in conjunction with Director of Tourism Marketing to develop group meetings strategy in advertising, public relations and promotions to maximize visibility of Irvine as a group meetings destination.
• Works in conjunction with Director of Tourism Marketing and CEO to manage annual budget and long-term strategic planning for Destination Irvine.
• Works with and attends monthly Hotel Improvement District committee meetings.
• Manages all major lead channels including: Cvent, DMAI and other sources.
• Prospects and solicits new accounts for group business.
• Responsible for meeting annual lead generation goals and definite room night conversion ratios.
• Utilizes meetings database to research and target meetings from comp set destinations to target and bring to Irvine.
• Responsible for growing meeting planner database in order to increase visibility and market share amongst other Orange County destinations.
• Develop a convention calendar of all confirmed bookings for Destination Irvine.
• Reviews and sends out STR reports to Irvine hotels.
• Attends and travels to industry association tradeshows, meetings and events.
• Makes sales trips to cities where concentrated sales efforts are taking place.
• Plans and executes site inspections, FAM trips and other events bringing meeting planners to the destination.
• Maintains a high profile at all assigned industry events and tradeshows.
• Maintains the integrity of the CRM database in a competent and detailed manner.
• Keeps accurate and up to date files on all groups following established procedures.
• Provides monthly sales reports, activity reports and sales forecast of tentative bookings and potential business for the destination in a timely manner.
• Supports membership team in providing new member prospects and recruitment of tourism-related partners.
• Works with existing members to increase participation in activities of Destination Irvine.
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in Business Administration or Hospitality Management
• Minimum of five years sales management experience in the hotel industry, convention bureaus and/or other tourism-related entity.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook)
• Knowledge of database/CRM systems (Simpleview preferred)
• Must be willing to travel frequently.
• Possess excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Demonstrate attention to detail and good organizational skills.
• Good people skills with a pleasant personality and able to work in a team environment.
• High level of integrity.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Opportunity for bonus/incentive plan. Health benefits included.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Tallia Hart, ACE
President & CEO
Irvine Chamber of Commerce
No telephone calls, please.
For more information about the destination and Destination Irvine, visit www.destinationirvine.com