Heading to Irvine, California? Then you are sure to have fun. Here are just 10 things you can do right now in this sunny southern California destination:
1. You can get a bird's-eye view of the whole Irvine area aboard the Great Park Balloon, located at the Orange County Great Park.
2. Be sure to try out the Irvine Spectrum Center's iconic 108-foot tall Giant Wheel. This is a Ferris wheel that was custom-designed and hand crafted in Italy. Bellisima!
3. For a great feel-good laugh, check out some of the best headlining comedians in the world currently performing on stage at the Improv Comedy Club.
4. Get exercise by swimming a couple of laps at the William Woollett Jr. Aquatics Center. This is where Olympic Gold Medalist, Michael Phelps competed in the 2010 ConocoPhillips National Swimming Championships.
5. Find out about some of Coastal California's unique flora and the plants of southern Africa at the Arboretum. This is a 12.5-acre botanic garden as well as a research facility right on the UCI campus.
6. When it comes time for refreshment, head for a homemade root beer and beer at the Steelhead Brewing Company.
7. And for food, you'll be delighted with the great choice of dishes and international flavors at Diamond Jamboree.
8. Dance carefree under the stars when you visit the Orange County Great Park's "Flights & Sounds Summer Festival."
9. Fans of microbreweries will adore the Orange County annual OC Brew Ha Ha.
10. Irvine loves the arts and visitors can check out the Irvine Museum--the only museum in the state that's dedicated to the preservation and display of California Impressionism. Check it out.
San Francisco world travelers can fly from SFO to John Wayne International Airport by looking for deals on www.kayak.com
For even more ideas, see the website: https://www.destinationirvine.com/things-to-do/irvine