Major Events and Attractions Draw Visitors to Orange County, California in 2015
ORANGE COUNTY, CA (March 17, 2015)---It's "forever summer" in The OC. That's the message that the Orange County Visitors Association, which serves as the region's tourism authority, wants visitors to experience in 2015. With an enticing slate of events and attractions ranging from arts festivals to new theme park rides to wildlife adventures, there has never been a better time to plan a trip to Orange County, California.
Here are a few of the "Must-Sees in The OC" for 2015:
- Newport Beach Film Festival - Celebrated as one of the leading lifestyle film festivals in the United States, the 16th Annual Newport Beach Film Festival, brings the best of classic and contemporary filmmaking from around the world to Newport Beach for eight spectacular days, April 23-April 30, 2015. The Newport Beach Film Festival will showcase more than 350 films from 50 countries and host nightly special events, red carpet galas, compelling conversations with filmmakers, international spotlight events and seminars.
- US Open of Surfing - Every year during the first week of August, Huntington Beach plays host to the largest professional surfing competition in the world, The Vans U.S. Open of Surfing. This week-long event brings together top surfers from around the world, as well as pros in skateboarding, and BMX biking to compete in their respective sports, all centered around the famed Huntington Beach Pier.
- Visit Beach City Brewery's tasting room - Beach City Brewery is Huntington Beach's first production craft brewery, featuring several signature beers, seasonal favorites and short-run experimental brews. Beach City Brewery's flagship beers were created with the characteristics of Surf City in mind and seasonal offerings will reflect and represent all of Orange County.
- Sawdust Art Festival - Voted "Best Festival" by OC Weekly and "one of the country's top five festivals" by American Style Magazine, the 49th Annual Sawdust features artwork created only in Laguna Beach. June 26 to August 30, 2015.
- Free weekend trolley service - Visitors can travel up and down the Pacific Coast Highway using Laguna Beach's weekend trolley service. Friday, 4-11 p.m.; Saturday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m.; Sunday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. For more information call: (949) 497-0766.
- Knott's Berry Farms new ride - Voyage to the Iron Reef - Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park will open the hatches to their new interactive experience, ‘Voyage to the Iron Reef' in Spring 2015. This high-tech experience will combine 600 feet of roller coaster track, 11 screens and atmospheric effects to create the most advanced attraction around.
- BODIES...The Exhibition - The newest blockbuster Buena Park attraction located on Beach Boulevard. Experienced by more than 15 million people worldwide, Bodies...The Exhibition offers an intimate and informative view into the human body.
- San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary - The area, deemed by scientists as one of the world's biodiversity "hotspots," features hundreds of different species of plants and animals, and many rare species of birds, reptiles and amphibians. The sanctuary encompasses 12 miles of trails within more than 300 acres of coastal freshwater wetlands.
- Irvine Global Village Festival - Orange County's largest multicultural festival celebrates Irvine's diversity with cultural and religious displays, international cuisine, a world marketplace and a giant interactive Kids Village. September 26, 2015.
- St. Josephs Day and The Return of the Swallows Celebration - This world-renowned tradition celebrates the annual return of the famous swallows to Capistrano. Join Mission San Juan Capistrano on March 19th for a historic celebration full of tradition, community, and festivity.
- Eleventh Annual Battle of the Mariachis Festival - Mission San Juan Capistrano, with the generous support of the Thomas J. and Erma Jean Tracy Family Foundation, is proud to present the Eleventh Annual Battle of the Mariachis Festival on Saturday, May 9, 2015 from 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Join us in the beautiful Mission Courtyard for this highly-anticipated celebration of talent, interpretation and inspiration of Mariachi music.
- WonderCon April 3-5, 2015 - The Grove District Anaheim Resort offers more than 3,000 combined hotel rooms for upcoming events such as WonderCon, one of the largest annual comic book, science fiction, and motion picture conventions in Southern California. The Grove District Anaheim Resort is the place to start and stay for your next visit to Southern California and The OC.
- Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration: 60 Delightful Years of Disney Magic - Stay at the Grove District Anaheim Resort for Disneyland's 60th anniversary. Choose from nine fantastic hotels within walking distance to the park and celebrate the genius of Walt Disney as the next great era of the original Disney theme park arrives.
- At Home in the Garden - Noted landscape architects will partner with Crate and Barrel, Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Room & Board, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma and Z Gallerie to create "At Home In The Garden" lifestyle displays. Visit 35 unique plant vendors and seminars highlighting outdoor living April 23 to April 26, 2015.
- Amex + The City of the Arts - The arts take flight in Costa Mesa with a palette of world-class fashion at South Coast Plaza, award-winning performances at Segerstrom Center for the Arts, exquisite dining and endless relaxation at exceptional hotels. Book a stay at a participating Costa Mesa hotel between March 29, 2015 - April 11, 2015 and receive a $50 American Express® Gift Card.
John Wayne Airport - John Wayne Airport is the gateway to Southern California and is the closest and most convenient airport to get to all that Orange County offers.
- Ground Transportation Center (GTC) - At the GTC, travelers can hop on the Disneyland Resort Express bus to Disneyland and neighboring hotels, charter a taxi, shuttle, limo or town car, or pick up their hotel shuttle.
- Lyon Air Museum - The Lyon Air Museum exhibit is comprised of authentic aircraft, rare vehicles and related memorabilia, with emphasis on the defining event of the 20th century - World War II. Through captivating and thought provoking exhibits based in historical scholarship, visitors gain a better understanding of the important role the United States plays in shaping world history.
Editors Note: The Orange County Visitors Association (OCVA) represents more than 700 members of Orange County, California's tourism community and is the leading resource for visitor information about the county's 34 cities. OCVA serves as steward of The OC brand, recognized worldwide as the home of world-famous theme parks, unparalleled shopping, 42 miles of pristine coastline, renowned beachfront resorts, and innumerable activities ranging from watersports to world-class performing arts. OCVA promotes the destination both domestically and internationally, with tourism offices in four international cities. Orange County is located in the heart of Southern California and provides easy access to all the attractions the region offers. For more information, go to www.VisitTheOC.com or call the California Welcome Center at (714) 523-3441. Follow OCVA on Facebook (OC.SoCal) and Twitter (@VisitTheOC).
McCue Marketing Communications
Sienna Spencer-Markles, firstname.lastname@example.org
PH: (213) 985-1011