Contact: Jenny Wedge
SANTA ANA, Calif. - In anticipation of one of the most heavily traveled holiday periods, John Wayne Airport (JWA) offers travel tips to help passengers prepare for a safe and enjoyable holiday. Passengers traveling through JWA between Friday, November 21 and Monday, December 1 will experience higher-than-normal passenger traffic due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
This season, JWA is thankful for its partnership with KeepOCSafe. Together, we encourage travelers to be aware of their surroundings and report questionable objects or activities. A Giant Red Backpack (pictured below) will be on display in the Riley Terminal throughout the holidays to remind passengers and visitors, "If You See Something, Say SomethingTM."
Tips for Passengers and Visitors:
• All passengers flying out of JWA are encouraged to arrive 90 minutes to two-hours before the flight departure time to find parking, check luggage and go through the security checkpoint. Passengers who are members of TSA Pre-Check can expedite the screening process in Terminals A, B and C.
• Passengers are allowed one small carry-on bag plus one personal item as long as the carry-on bag fits airline dimensions. Check with individual airlines for specifics.
• Drivers picking up passengers at the Airport are encouraged to utilize 2-hour parking spaces, located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C.
Tips for Parking at JWA:
• Curbside Valet Parking for $30 per day is located on the Departure (upper) Level between Terminals A and B, or in front of Terminal C.
• Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C are located adjacent to and across from the Riley Terminal at a rate of $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers. Access to terminal parking structures is available from the Departure (upper) Level only.
• Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine for $14 per day with free shuttle service to and from the Terminal every 15 minutes.
• For parking availability call 949.252.5200.
Tips from TSA and CBP:
• Review Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Travel Tips for a list of prohibited items and the 3-1-1 rule for liquids in carry-ons.
• International travelers should check the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website to ensure they have appropriate documentation for traveling to and from the United States. Note: Passengers who are members of the Global Entry Trusted Traveler Program can expedite their Customs clearance into the U.S. at John Wayne Airport. Those passengers traveling to and from Canada will clear Customs in Canada before returning to the United States.
# # #
John Wayne Airport (SNA) is owned by the County of Orange and is operated as a self-supporting enterprise that receives no general fund tax revenue. The Airport serves more than nine million passengers annually and reaches more than 20 nonstop destinations in the United States, Canada and Mexico. More information can be found at www.ocair.com or facebook.com/johnwayneairport or on twitter @johnwayneair.