OC's Biggest Week in Fashion Celebrated at Fashion Island & Irvine Spectrum Center
WHAT: The fourth annual Style Week Orange County® returns to Irvine Spectrum Center® in Irvine, and for the first time, bows at Fashion Island® in Newport Beach from Friday, Sept. 30 to Saturday, Oct. 8. The week-long event features fashion shows, designer appearances, in-store events, a food festival, and much more. Style Week Orange County highlights emerging designers and notable style makers, as well as hot brands from Orange County.
WHO: Two of America's top designers, Rachel Roy and David Meister
Project Runway alumni, designer & red carpet commentator Nick Verreos
TV personality and author Mario Lopez
Celebrity Chef and radio personality Jamie Gwen
Celebrity stylist Taylor Jacobson
WHEN: Friday, Sept. 30 - Saturday, Oct. 8
KEY EVENTS: * Fri., Sept. 30, 7 to 9 p.m. - Rack Rave at Irvine Spectrum Center, a fashion
carnival with modeling, entertainment, interactive events and more, hosted by
celebrity designer, Project Runway alumni and red carpet staple Nick Verreos.
* Sat., Oct. 1, 1 p.m. -- Young World Fashion Show by Bloomingdale's at Fashion Island, showing the best of back to school style for your young fashionista, including Burberry, Polo Ralph Lauren, Ella Moss, Splendid, Aqua and more.
* Sat., Oct. 1, 3 p.m. - Contemporary Chic at Fashion Island, a multi-store fashion show previewing fall's must-have contemporary looks from Nordstrom and exclusive merchants including Ella Moss, Jack Spade, Splendid, American Rag Cie, Michael Stars and Earnest Sewn.
* Wed., Oct. 5, 1 p.m. -- David Meister Fashion Show at Fashion Island, where
the celebrity favorite, who recently dressed Jane Lynch for the Emmy's, will show
his fall gowns in the Neiman Marcus-Bloomingdale's Courtyard, followed by a meet and greet at Bloomingdale's.
* Thurs., Oct. 6, 1 p.m. - Rachel Roy Fashion Show at Fashion Island, where another celebrity favorite, Rachel Roy, will present her fall collection in the Neiman Marcus-Bloomingdale's Courtyard.
* Thurs., Oct. 6, 7 to 9 p.m. -- Restaurant Rave at Irvine Spectrum Center, with
celebrity chef and radio host Jamie Gwen and TV personality and cookbook author
Mario Lopez hosting cooking demos and showcasing dining trends with CUCINA Enoteca, Paul Martin's American Grill, Capital Seafood and other eateries.
* Fri., Oct. 7, 7 p.m. -- OC Surf Sport Showcase at Irvine Spectrum Center,
where Giant Wheel Court will come alive with fall's hottest trends from Orange County's surf and action apparel brands, hosted by Nick Verreos.
* Fri., Oct. 7, 8 p.m. -- Cadillac: Contemporary Design at Irvine Spectrum
Center, where four upcoming designers will compete on the runway with original
creations based on Cadillac car designs, hosted by Nick Verreos.
* Fri., Oct. 7, 8:15 p.m. -- Spectrum Collection at Irvine Spectrum Center, with Verreos will hosting a runway show of top fall looks from Nordstrom, Macy's, Max Studio and other Irvine Spectrum Center stores.
* Sat., Oct. 8, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. - Michael Stars Style Soiree at Fashion Island,
with celebrity stylist Taylor Jacobson offering one-on-one fashion consultations, as well as mini-makeovers and more at the Michael Stars boutique.
* Sat., Oct. 8, 7 p.m. -- Going Out in Style at Fashion Island - A fashion show
with fall's best designer looks from Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, American Rag Cie,
Elie Tahari, GARYS, Trina Turk and Vince, in the Neiman Marcus-Bloomingdale's Courtyard.
WHERE: Irvine Spectrum Center (I-5 at Alton Parkway or I-405 at Irvine Center Drive) and
Fashion Island (I-405 to the 73 South)
For more details and a complete schedule of events, please visit www.StyleWeekOC.com.
# # #
For media credentials, please call Jane Gillespie (949) 733-2198