Destination Irvine Launches See It. Book It! Sales Promotion
Contact: Wendy Haase, Director of Tourism Marketing
DESTINATION IRVINE LAUNCHES SEE IT. BOOK IT! SALES PROMOTION
Qualified Planners Receive Hosted Site Visit
Irvine, Calif., December 2012 - Destination Irvine launched the See It. Book It! meeting promotion offering a hosted site visit to Irvine, the center of Orange County, Calif., for qualified meeting planners.
Qualified planners receive: complimentary round-trip airfare from most U.S. cities, hotel accommodations, ground transportation, meals and a customized site inspection based on their RFP requirements. In addition, the site inspection includes a minimum of three hotel visits along with tours of prominent destination activities, venues and various attractions.
The criteria for meeting planners to qualify for the See It. Book It! promotion is:
- Meeting planner is involved in planning, securing and booking meetings at hotel properties for their organization.
- Meeting planner is currently considering California destinations for their meeting.
- The meeting will bring at least 100 room nights to Irvine.
- There is a formal RFP for the meeting.
- There is verifiable history on the meeting from previous years.
- The meeting hasn't been held in Irvine in the past two years.
- The meeting will be held in the next 36 months.
"The promotion was created to indulge meeting planners so that they can see firsthand our outstanding hotel selection, diverse dining, retail and entertainment options," said Michelle Carlen, Director of Sales, Destination Irvine. "We want the planner to be able to envision booking their next meeting in Irvine."
To learn more about the See It. Book It! hosted site tour of Irvine and to complete an RFP, visit
www.seeit-bookit.com or call 949-502-4127.
About Destination Irvine
Under the Irvine Chamber of Commerce, a non-profit 501(c)6, Destination Irvine, funded by a self-imposed assessment through a Hotel Improvement District (H.I.D.) positions Irvine as a destination for visitors, meetings and groups. Destination Irvine through direct sales efforts including database marketing, lead generation, trade show participation, and familiarization tours, sells the destination. In addition, Destination Irvine promotes Irvine through marketing, advertising and public relations efforts.