The Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks which is part of 50,000 acres of preserved lands on the historic Irvine Ranch is offering a variety of fitness activities and programs such as yoga, tai chi, cardio hikes and more.
Enjoy being active on your own, with your significant other, family or group of friends all while taking in the beautiful views and majestic, open spaces. Here are some of the many exciting activities recurring since September or coming up, for more visit the events page:
· YIKING: Cardio Hike and Yoga on Sunday, October 15 from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. invites visitors to raise their heart rate before connecting with nature in an instructor led yoga class held alongside the scenic West Loma Ridge and continues every other Sunday morning.
· Tai Chi in the Canyon on Monday, October 2 from 9 - 11 a.m. encourages participants to begin their week with Tai Chi, an ancient Chinese exercise known for its low-impact movements with meditative qualities and continues each Monday morning.
· Tuesday Morning Fitness Hikes on Paved Hicks Haul Road are reoccurring treks that allow hikers to choose from a 3, 6, or 8-mile route through OC Parks’ Limestone Canyon Nature Preserve.
· The After Work Fitness Hike on Paved Hicks Haul Road on Wednesday, September 27 from 6 – 7:30 p.m. is a hike lead at a fast-paced walk or jog and continues each Wednesday evening.
· Orchard Hills Evening Hike on Thursday, October 12 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. encourages visitors to enjoy an evening on the Orchard Hills loop trail to gain an sweeping view of the scenic west.
· Wilderness Access Days at Limestone Canyon, Bommer Canyon, and Black Star Canyon invite visitors to explore these highly-protected lands which each offer several trails for beginner and experienced hikers, bikers, and equestrians.
More about the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks
Photos provided by The ACE Agency