Position: Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Summary of Position:
As a member of the Destination Irvine/Greater Irvine Chamber team, the primary function of the sales & marketing coordinator is to provide overall project support. Reporting to Senior Director, Destination Irvine and direct daily oversight from both the Director of Corporate Sales and Director of Sports Sales (sales), this position handles sales research support, data management for the CRM database, regular website updates, visitor guide distribution, assistance with social media initiatives, research, document management for tradeshows and conferences, planning assistance for press trips, meeting planner FAMs and other special client programs.
Position does not require any direct supervisory responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to the following):
- Work directly with sales to manage all group lead channels.
- Responsible for data gathering for special project initiatives as directed by sales for specified target markets through database and other resources.
- Support sales with catering leads with no group room nights.
- Manage CRM database, including account management, entering new leads, definite booking notices and lost business updates.
- Assist with administrative activities tasks such as sales reports, marketing reports and website, and social analytics.
- Support destination marketing with timely and consistent social media efforts.
- Support destination marketing’s special promotions, such as Orange County Restaurant Week.
- Support destination marketing with the coordinate creation and design of sales and marketing collateral, e-newsletters and other materials as needed.
- Collaborate on social media and marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Support destination marketing with web development and other online marketing tools.
- Attend monthly Hotel Improvement District meetings and other events as specified by Senior Director.
- Assist with FAM tours, press trips, site tours and major sporting events, including welcoming and volunteer coordination.
- Manage logistics of travel and trade show participation.
- Handle follow-through of customer promotions.
- Responsible for content on the calendar of events on website and quarterly events postcard.
- Coordinate distribution of Visitors Guide, quarterly calendar of event postcards and maps.
- Proactively service and provide destination recommendations and support to all groups booked in Irvine hotels.
- Develop and manage group convention calendar.
- Work with existing members to increase participation in activities of Destination Irvine.
- Support membership team in providing new member prospects and recruitment of tourism-related partners.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Equivalent of four years industry-related experience; Bachelor’s degree in Marketing with Tourism-focused field preferred.
- Proficient in social media applications.
- Good people skills with a pleasant personality and able to work in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills, as well as oral, written and verbal communication.
- Strong ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Knowledge and familiarity with destination and OC a plus.
Compensation: Hourly rate $20 for 40 hours per week. Greater Irvine Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer providing health benefits, 401K and vacation.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Laura Perdew, Vice President
Deadline for submission July 15, 2019
No telephone calls, please.
For more information about the destination and Destination Irvine, visit www.destinationirvine.com